Important Client Information: Temporary Coronavirus Procedures
As part of my effort to ensure the safety of you, me and the wider community I have a temporary set of policies and procedures while a risk of coronavirus transmission is still present in the community. These measures will be relaxed as soon as it is safe to do so, and I really value your understanding and compliance during these unprecedented times. For peace of mind please note I am fully vaccinated,
and provide a dedicated Covid-clean and secure treatment space in Jericho, Central Oxford. I hope to offer workplace reflexology treatment days as Covid transmission reduces - please enquire if interested - participation numbers and protocols may vary from usual.
Please ensure you read this in full and understand the requirements and please contact me if you have any questions.
Section 1: Booking Your Appointment
Please allow 2 weeks from date of any Covid Vaccination before having a treatment. I will always ask if you have had the vaccine when we run through your medical history but I do not require you to be vaccinated to receive treatment.
Please inform me at the time of booking if any of the following apply:
• You or anyone you reside with or care for have suffered from any of the below recognised symptoms of, or tested positive for coronavirus within the last 14 days:
A high temperature
A new, continuous cough
Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
• You have been in contact with a person suffering with any of the above recognised symptoms, or who has tested positive for coronavirus within the last 14 days
• You have a health condition outlined by public health England which may leave you more vulnerable to contracting or more susceptible to the effects of coronavirus
• You have been told to shield yourself for any other reason in relation to coronavirus
• You are allergic to any cleaning products or materials commonly found in PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as latex
Section 2: Before Your Appointment
• You must inform me if any details outlined in section 1 have changed at any time between booking & your appointment
• If this is your first appointment with me, your initial medical history consultation (questionnaire) will be conducted in the 48 hours before your appointment to reduce the amount of time spent in close contact together - usually by phone together. This form should be completed before the appointment to maximise our treatment time please. Government and Association guidelines currently still indicate all treatments should kept to minimal required time and conversation, so if we are unable to complete the required initial medical history form ahead of the appointment this will unfortunately reduce your hands-on treatment time.
Follow-up one hour appointments simply require you to contact me if anything in 1. above has changed or you’d like to re-design your treatment plan, otherwise our customary quick catch-up on arrival is usually enough.
Given the existing conditions there is no charge for the initial medical history consultation (ordinarily I would require a 90 minute first appointment rather than our current 60 minute allowance to give time to complete the form and develop a treatment plan together before your treatment). All one hour appointments (initial or follow-up) will be charged @ £70
Section 3: Attending Your Appointment
• Payment - I now accept all types of card payments (contactless/NFC, Chip & PIN, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and I can provide you with my bank details if you prefer to make a bank transfer.
• Please shower and put on clean clothes before your appointment
• Please attend your appointment alone
• You will be offered hand sanitiser or you may wash your hands on arrival & when leaving after your treatment
• You will be asked to complete a coronavirus questionnaire & declaration before each treatment - this is a government guideline, AoR and insurance protocol
• You will be offered a clean, disinfected client box to place your shoes, clothing & all personal items in
• You will be provided with a facemask for some or all of your appointment (you can use your own)
A note on Covid19 PPE/hygiene:
Government guidelines are constantly evolving. I will wear a mask throughout and have an additional visor as required. I change into a fresh uniform for each client. In my treatment room, the client box, contact surfaces, table barrier layer and vinyl face rest are meticulously disinfected between each client. I do not, however, wear gloves unless guidelines change or unless you request. Thorough attentive hand/arm washing is considered safe and good practise. I will be using my warm, soft, padded and heated electric massage table, barrier lined, (and BodySupport cushion system for pregnant clients).
In my treatment room itself the air will be ventilated throughout, with a minimum of 30 minutes between each client. I use Dew natural disinfectant products (compliant with EN901, EN1276, EN1499, EN1500, EN1656, EN13623, EN13679 & EN14476) active against bacteria and viruses, and operate the Dew room air disinfection unit between clients to ensure the treatment room environment is thoroughly safe and clean.
All linens are long-washed at 60 degrees and hot tumble-dried after each treatment. I am minimising my use of plastic and disposables by thoroughly washing rather than using plastic sheeting or disposable plastic PPE. There is a dedicated en-suite to the treatment room with single use hand towels and a lined pedal bin in place for these after use. All surfaces/contact points will be thoroughly wiped clean with Dew disinfectant between each client. You’ll also spot a lot of hygiene notices on how to sanitise/hand wash etc.
Section 4: After Your Appointment
• You must let me know immediately if:
You develop any recognised symptoms of coronavirus as detailed in section 1
You are tested positive for coronavirus
You learn that you came into contact with a person suffering with any of the above recognised symptoms of, or who has tested positive for coronavirus within the 14 days preceding your appointment
I hope all these details will give you reassurance that I am closely following government guidelines, professional protocols and minimising any infection risk so you know you can relax in a safe, warm, luxuriously comfortable, clean environment, receiving the very best care to support your health and well-being in these challenging times.
I am really looking forward to seeing you soon and please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions regarding the procedures outlined here - guidelines change and my explanations might be unclear - I’m always happy to chat with you or clarify how we can make things work best!