Important Client Information: Temporary Coronavirus Procedures
As part of my effort to ensure the safety of you, myself and the wider community I have put into force a temporary set of policies and procedures while a risk of coronavirus transmission is still present in the community. These measures will be relaxed as soon as it is safe to do so, and I really value your understanding and compliance during this unprecedented event.
I am currently only offering treatments in my dedicated “clean” treatment room in Central Windsor. Until the virus transmission is less significant I regret I am unable to offer home visits or workplace treatment days.
Please ensure you read this in full and understand the requirements and please contact me if you have any questions.
Section 1: Booking Your Appointment
Please inform me at the time of booking if any of the following apply:
• You or anyone you reside with or care for have suffered from any of the below recognised symptoms of, or tested positive for coronavirus within the last 14 days:
A high temperature
A new, continuous cough
Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
• You have been in contact with a person suffering with any of the above recognised symptoms, or who has tested positive for coronavirus within the last 14 days
• You have a health condition outlined by public health England which may leave you more vulnerable to contracting or more susceptible to the effects of coronavirus
• You have been told to shield yourself for any other reason in relation to coronavirus
• You are allergic to any cleaning products or materials commonly found in PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as latex
Section 2: Before Your Appointment
• You must inform me if any details outlined in section 1 have changed at any time between booking & your appointment
• If this is your first appointment with me, your initial medical history consultation (questionnaire) will be conducted in the 48 hours before your appointment to reduce the amount of time spent in close contact together - either by downloading the form from my website or by email or even on the phone with me if you prefer. This form should be completed (and returned to me) before the appointment to maximise our treatment time please. Government guidelines currently require all treatments to be within the maximum one hour timescale, so if we are unable to complete the required initial medical history form ahead of the appointment this will unfortunately reduce your hands-on treatment time.
Follow-up one hour appointments simply require you to contact me if anything in 1. above has changed or you’d like to re-design your treatment plan, otherwise our customary quick catch-up on arrival is probably enough.
Given the existing conditions there is no charge for the initial medical history consultation (ordinarily I would require a 90 minute first appointment rather than our current 60 minute allowance to give time to complete the form and develop a treatment plan together before your treatment). All one hour appointments (initial or follow-up) will be charged @ £70
Section 3: Attending Your Appointment
• Payment - bank transfer is preferred where possible either before or after your appointments (I will provide details)
• Please shower and put on clean clothes before your appointment
• Please attend your appointment alone
• To avoid unnecessary social contact please do not arrive more than about 5 minutes before your appointment time. Please park on the driveway/across the lined bay area and text me (07963-561979) so I can open the door for you. I will try to minimise your exposure to risk by reducing the surfaces you need to touch in the house and treatment room by opening all doors for you
• Please bring your own bottle of water & pen
• You will be offered hand sanitiser or you may wash your hands on arrival & when leaving after your treatment
• You will be asked to complete a coronavirus questionnaire & declaration by email to bring with or complete on arrival - this is a government guideline, AoR and insurance protocol
• You will be offered a clean, disinfected client box to place your shoes, clothing & all personal items in
• You will be provided with a facemask for some or all of your appointment (you can bring your own)
A note on Covid19 PPE/hygiene:
Government guidelines are constantly evolving. Currently any treatment to the head and neck are restricted to when lying prone (until at least after 1st August 2020) and masks are to be mandatory. I will now wear a mask throughout and have an additional visor as required. I change into a fresh uniform for each client. The treatment room, client box, contact surfaces, table barrier layer and vinyl face rest are meticulously disinfected between each client. I will not, however, wear gloves unless guidelines are changed or unless you request. Thorough attentive hand/arm washing is considered safe and good practise. I will be using my warm, soft, padded and heated “flat” massage table, barrier lined, with barrier-lined pillows in place of my BodySupport cushion system (sorry now reserved solely for pregnant clients) as this requires extensive, vinyl-damaging disinfection after each use.
The treatment room itself will be ventilated throughout, with a minimum of one hour between each client. I use Dew natural disinfectant products (compliant with EN901, EN1276, EN1499, EN1500, EN1656, EN13623, EN13679 & EN14476) active against bacteria and viruses, and operate the Dew room air disinfection unit throughout clinic days to ensure the treatment room environment is thoroughly safe and clean.
All linens are long-washed at 60 degrees and hot tumble-dried after each treatment. I am minimising my use of plastic and disposables by thoroughly washing rather than using plastic sheeting or disposable plastic PPE. There is a dedicated bathroom en-suite to the treatment room with single use (washable) hand towels and a lined laundry pedal bin in place for these after use. All surfaces/contact points will be wiped clean with Dew disinfectant between each client. You’ll spot an abundant display of hygiene notices on how to sanitise/hand wash etc!
Section 4: After Your Appointment
• You must let me know immediately if:
You develop any recognised symptoms of coronavirus as detailed in section 1
You are tested positive for coronavirus
You learn that you came into contact with a person suffering with any of the above recognised symptoms of, or who has tested positive for coronavirus within the 14 days preceding your appointment
I hope all these details will give you reassurance that I am closely following government guidelines, professional protocols and minimising any infection risk so you know you can relax in a safe, warm, luxuriously comfortable, clean environment, receiving the very best care to support your health and well-being in these challenging times.
I am really looking forward to seeing you soon and please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions regarding the procedures outlined here - guidelines change and my explanations might be unclear - I’m always happy to chat with you or clarify how we can make things work best!