Important Client Information: Temporary Coronavirus Procedures
Rules on Face coverings in England - updated 24th February 2022 - masks/face coverings are no longer legally required by Clients for close contact service appointments. However the basic statement is that it is everyone's responsibility to keep themselves and the people they are in contact with, as safe as reasonably possible. Consequently the Association of Reflexologists have advised all therapists that we must now make our own risk assessments and minimise infection risks where reasonable, so they are still recommending therapists continue to wear masks when working around the face or when they consider it sensible to do so and take reasonable hygiene precautions.
As part of my effort to ensure the safety of us all I will continue my temporary set of policies and procedures while a risk of coronavirus transmission is still present in the community. These measures will be relaxed as soon as it is safe to do so, and I really value your understanding and compliance during these unprecedented times. For peace of mind please note I am fully vaccinated and provide a dedicated Covid-clean and secure treatment space in Jericho, Central Oxford.
Please ensure you read this in full and understand the requirements and please contact me if you have any questions.
Section 1: Booking Your Appointment
Please allow 2 weeks from date of any Covid Vaccination before having a treatment. I will always ask if you have had the vaccine when we run through your medical history but I do not require you to be vaccinated to receive treatment.
Please inform me at the time of booking if any of the following apply:
• You or anyone you reside with or care for have suffered from any of the below recognised symptoms of, or tested positive for coronavirus within the last 14 days:
A high temperature
A new, continuous cough
Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Any other symptom outlined by government medical advice
• You have been in contact with a person suffering with any of the above recognised symptoms, or who has tested positive for coronavirus within the last 14 days
• You have a health condition outlined by public health England which may leave you more vulnerable to contracting or more susceptible to the effects of coronavirus
• You have been told to shield yourself for any other reason in relation to coronavirus
Section 2: Before Your Appointment
• You must inform me if any details outlined in section 1 have changed at any time between booking & your appointment
• If this is your first appointment with me, your initial medical history consultation (questionnaire) will be conducted in the 48 hours before your appointment to reduce the amount of time spent in close contact talking together - usually by phone together. Please let me know if you would prefer | email this form to you for completion. This form should be completed before the appointment to maximise our treatment time please - if we are unable to complete the form ahead of the appointment this will unfortunately reduce your hands-on treatment time.
Follow-up one hour appointments simply require you to contact me if anything in 1. above has changed or you’d like to re-design your treatment plan, otherwise our customary quick catch-up on arrival is usually enough.
Given the existing conditions there is no charge for the initial medical history consultation (ordinarily I would require a 90 minute first appointment rather than our current 60 minute allowance to give time to complete the form and develop a treatment plan together before your treatment). All one hour appointments (initial or follow-up) will be charged @ £70
Section 3: Attending Your Appointment
• Payment - I now accept all types of card payments (contactless/NFC, Chip & PIN, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and I can provide you with my bank details if you prefer to make a bank transfer.
• Please shower and put on clean clothes before your appointment
• Please attend your appointment alone
• You will be offered hand sanitiser or you may wash your hands on arrival & when leaving after your treatment
• You will be asked to complete a coronavirus questionnaire & declaration before each treatment - this is a required risk assessment following government guidelines, AoR and insurance protocol
• You will be offered a clean, disinfected client box to place your shoes, clothing & all personal items in
A note on Covid19 PPE/hygiene:
Government guidelines are constantly evolving. I will wear a mask as required where sensible and when working around the face (see above). In my treatment room, the client box, contact surfaces, table barrier layer and vinyl face rest will continue to be meticulously disinfected between each client. I do not wear gloves unless guidelines change or unless you request. Thorough attentive hand/arm washing is considered safe and good practise. I will be using my warm, soft, padded and heated electric massage table, barrier lined, (and Belloost body cushion system for pregnant clients).
My treatment room will continue to be ventilated thoroughly between each client and a UVC air disinfectant device will operate continuously during clinic use to further purify the air and all surfaces in the treatment room - UVC is active against bacteria and viruses (including coronavirus/SARS) to ensure you can relax, knowing the treatment room environment is thoroughly safe and clean.
All linens will still be hot-washrd at 60 degrees with laundry cleanser and hot tumble-dried after each treatment.each client receives clean sets of laundry. I am minimising my use of plastic and disposables by thoroughly washing rather than using plastic sheeting or disposable plastic PPE. There is a dedicated en-suite to the treatment room with single use hand towels and a lined pedal bin in place for these after use. All surfaces/contact points will be thoroughly wiped clean with antibacterial and antiviral disinfectant between each client.
Section 4: After Your Appointment
• Please let me know immediately if:
You develop any recognised symptoms of coronavirus as detailed in section 1
You are tested positive for coronavirus
You learn that you came into contact with a person suffering with any of the above recognised symptoms of, or who has tested positive for coronavirus within the 14 days preceding your appointment
I hope all these details will give you reassurance that I am closely following updated government guidelines, the required professional protocols and minimising infection risk to you, so you can really relax in a safe, warm, luxuriously comfortable, clean environment, receiving the very best possible care to support your health and well-being at all times.
I am really looking forward to seeing you soon and please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions regarding the procedures outlined here - guidelines continue to change and my explanations might be unclear - I’m always happy to chat with you or clarify how we can make things work best!